Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boys & Girls Club Membership
Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago will be offering out-of-school programming beginning September 8, 2020, and will take place Monday through Friday from 10am to 4pm. The safety of our members is of the utmost importance to us, and programs will run in accordance with CDC guidelines and protocols. As a result, there will be a limited number of spots available this year, and programs will be different from those in previous years.
You may submit an application through the online membership form available below or by scheduling an appointment with your Club Director to pick up a form. To schedule an appointment to pick up a form, please either call 773-696-9715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that by submitting an application, it does not guarantee your child a spot at our Club. You will be notified the week of August 31 if a spot is available for your child. At that time, you will be asked to complete additional steps to confirm your child’s registration. Details for this year include:
- Membership is $20 per child
- Applicants must be between the ages of 5 and 18
- All Club participants will be required to wear a mask while at the Club that will be provided by the Club daily
- All Club participants must comply with safety requirements and social distancing protocols
- Parents must provide contact information including phone and email and join the Remind App
- All Club participants must attend camp in good health. If a child presents any symptoms of illness, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home
Due to the limited capacity this year, we anticipate more applications than spaces are available. Children that do not secure a spot will be placed on a waiting list and notified if a spot becomes available.
BGCC’s Virtual Club will also be available to all Club members throughout the school year, regardless of enrollment status in our in-person Club programming. Activities will include virtual field trips, educational activities and group on-line mentoring. To sign your child up at no cost for the Virtual Club, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in the Club’s out-of-school program. We appreciate your patience and understanding with the adjustments that had to be made this year and look forward to serving your youth either in person or through our Virtual Club this year.