Founded in 1902, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago’s mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Serving nearly 20,000 youth ages five to 18, Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago works to provide members with the emotional, educational, physical, and cultural resources that allow them to enjoy their childhood and thrive in adulthood. At our Clubs, they find caring mentors, avenues of opportunity and the tools they need to prepare for great futures.
Through our Clubs, our goals is to offer every child:
- A life-changing experience to discover skills, confidence and friendship
- A life-saving oasis among the urban pressures of violence and poverty
- A life-long impact to become productive adults and role models
Our Clubs strive to reach our 3 key priority outcomes:
- Academic Success
- Our programs help our members make academic strides and graduate from high school with a plan for the future.
- Good Character and Citizenship
- Club members are taught to be engaged citizens involved in the community and to model strong character.
- Healthy Lifestyles
- From building self-esteem and confidence to providing healthy meals and activities, our Clubs help kids develop healthy habits that last a lifetime.