A Club for Life.
Founded in 1902, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago’s mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Serving nearly 20,000 youth ages 5 to 18, Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago works to provide members with the emotional, educational, physical, and cultural resources that allow them to enjoy their childhood and thrive in adulthood. At our Clubs, they find caring mentors, avenues of opportunity and the tools they need to prepare for great futures.
Through our Clubs, our goals are to offer every child:
- A life-changing experience to discover skills, confidence and friendship
- A life-saving oasis among the urban pressures of violence and poverty
- A life-long impact to become productive adults and role models
Our Clubs strive to reach our three key priority outcomes:
- Our programs help our members make academic strides and graduate from high school with a plan for the future.
- Club members are taught to be engaged citizens involved in the community and to model strong character.
- From building self-esteem and confidence to providing healthy meals and activities, our Clubs help kids develop healthy habits that last a lifetime.
21st Century Grant
Boys & Girls Club of Chicago in partnership with Alcott College Prep, Bulls College Prep, Butler College Prep, Legacy Elementary Charter School, Medgar Evans Elementary School (Ford Heights), Orville Bright Elementary School, Park Manor Elementary School, Plato Elementary School, UIC College Prep, and Wendell Green Elementary School, intend to submit an application to the Illinois State Board of Education for a 21 Century Learning Centers grant.
The grant will support academic and enrichment focused after-school programs for students at these schools. If you have any comments on the proposed program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the application will be available for public review after submission at the James R. Jordan Boys & Girls Club.