BECOME A BGCC VOLUNTEER
Change the world. Start with a child.
As little as one hour per week is all it takes to have a positive impact on a child’s life. Click here to review the list of programs our volunteers support. The greatest time of need for volunteers is in the immediate after school hours of 3-5:30 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering with Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago, complete the application that best fits your interests and availability.
For volunteers who have availability to volunteer 1-2 hours one day a week for at least 3 months.
For volunteers who do not have regular weekly availability but can occasionally volunteer.
For volunteers interested in our
Flag Football Tournament.
For those interested in becoming a sponsor or conducting a supply or gift drive with your company.
What is the volunteer application process?
- Complete the online volunteer application, and if application is accepted, the next step is a meeting with Club staff.
- If the opportunity meets the Club's needs and the volunteer expectations, the volunteer attends an orientation, completes a background check, as well as the Illinois Mandated Reporter Training.
- The Volunteer Coordinator notifies staff and volunteer when background check has been cleared and all requirements have been completed.
- Finally, the volunteer can contact Club to establish schedule and start volunteering.
Not everyone who completes an application is accepted to volunteer. Factors that contribute to this are:
- Club capacity to on-board additional volunteers
- Volunteer’s availability does not fit the time of need
- Volunteer is not able to commit to minimum length of time
Please note we do not accommodate for court-ordered community service hours.
Complete the Volunteer Application form to start the process of becoming a BGCC volunteer today. Contact Club Services Coordinator Luis Cruz Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.