2022 Back-To-School Drive
Why School Supplies?
At Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago, we strive to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
School supplies ensures that all kids have the same opportunities to start the school year right and has a profound impact on youth and their learning experience. With our current public health crisis, more families are experiencing financial insecurity; and as a result, many children won’t have access to essential learning tools.
With your help, we can ensure that each of our Club members has the supplies they need to be prepared and successful in the school year ahead. Our goal is to collect Backpacks and School Supplies for 2,500 Club members, ages 5-18 by Tuesday, August 2.
We Need Your Help Now, More Than Ever!
At BGCC, we are fortunate to partner with amazing corporate and community organizations to help surpass our goals each year. This year, one of our main suppliers will not be able to provide us with the traditional supplies we have received in the past.
What does this mean for you? We need your help, now more than ever before!
Distributing backpacks to our members and their families creates a sense of belonging with our Clubs. BGCC is committed to always provide our youth with the necessary supplies, so all they have to focus on is being the best student they can be from day one. Help us do that by contributing to our 2022 drive!
BGCC's Back-to-School collection deadline is Tuesday, August 2.
There are THREE ways you can support the Back-To-School drive:
- Make a Gift: Your financial contribution will allow BGCC to continue to provide essential learning and educational resources to our Club members through in-person or virtual club programming.
- DIY School Supply Kit: Instructions below describe how you can make a DIY School Supply Kit for our Club members in the comfort of your own home or with friends or colleagues.
- Donate School Supplies: Go to our Back-To-School Drive Amazon Wish List and select items that you would like to donate and have shipped directly to the Clubs!
DIY School Supply Kit
What You’ll Need
- New school supplies purchased at a preferred store, website or BGCC’s Back-To-School Drive Amazon Wish List
- Gallon-sized plastic bags OR a new backpack
- Review the requested packing list items needed in each gallon-sized plastic bag or backpack
- Packing List:
1 New Youth/Teenager Backpack,
2 College Ruled Spiral Bound Notebooks
1 Pencil and Sharpener
1 Pack of Crayola Markers
2 Glue Sticks
**We are unable to accept used donations.
- Packing List:
- Purchase new school supplies from your preferred store or website
- Put the school supplies together in either a gallon-sized plastic bag or a new backpack
- Donate your packs at a scheduled drop-off date, time and location before Tuesday, August 2!
If you or your company would like to participate or schedule a delivery, please send a confirmation email to Emily Steepleton, Corporate & Foundations Coordinator at email@example.com, or call 312-248-8576. If you have any questions about supply needs or would like to donate in support of the drive, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Thank you for your continued support of Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago. Together we are creating brighter futures for Chicago’s youth!