Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Boys & Girls Club Summer Camp
Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago will be offering Summer Camp beginning June 28 and concluding August 20. Camp will take place Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The safety of our members is of the utmost importance to us, and camps will run in accordance with CDC guidelines and protocols. As a result, there will be a limited number of spots available for Summer Camp this year, and camp offerings will be different from those in previous summers.
You may submit an application through the online form available below or by scheduling an appointment with your Club Director to pick up a form. To schedule an appointment to pick up a form, please either call 773-696-9715 or email Anita Douglas at email@example.com.
Please note that by submitting an application, it does not guarantee your child a spot at Summer Camp. You will be notified the week of May 3 if a spot is available for your child. At that time, you will be asked to complete additional steps to confirm your child’s registration in Summer Camp. Details for Summer Camp this year include:
- Summer Camp is $120 per child for 8 weeks
- Summer Camp applicants must:
o Have an active King Club membership status prior to March 2020
o Be between the ages of 5 and 12 and have already completed kindergarten
- All Summer Camp participants will be required to wear a mask while at Summer Camp that will be provided by the Club daily
- All Summer Camp participants must comply with safety requirements and social distancing protocols
- Parents are required to attend a Parent Orientation
- Parents must provide contact information including phone and email and join the Remind App
- All Summer Camp participants must attend camp in good health. If a child presents any symptoms of illness, the child will be isolated and a parent will be called to take the child home
Due to the limited capacity of Summer Camp this year, we anticipate more applications than spaces are available. Children that do not secure a spot will be placed on a waiting list and notified if a spot becomes available.
BGCC’s Virtual Club will also be available to all Club members throughout the summer, regardless of enrollment status in Summer Camp. Activities will include virtual field trips, educational activities and group on-line mentoring. To sign your child up at no cost for the Virtual Club, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in King Club’s Summer Camp program. We appreciate your patience and understanding with the adjustments that had to be made this year and look forward to serving your youth either in person or through our Virtual Club this summer.